Saturday has been good.
- I reconciled the neglected credit card statements that have been plaguing my mental health for the last SIX months.
- And I hit Inbox zero. Hooray!
- Wrote an email to a friend. She wrote right back!
- Texted with a few friends. It feels so good to have time and brain space to connect with my friends again.
- Nieces and nephew came over for a couple of hours of loudness and chasing (I did not participate in the chasing). I read them a book and gave them water to drink in coffee mugs (they think this is exciting) and fed them cucumbers and sweet potato crackers for snacks. I am the most fun aunt EVER.
- Trying a new recipe for supper: sriracha lime chicken. I hate it when it's time to make dinner and I see a recipe and think-- oh wow, I have everything for that and the meat is already thawed! Then I see the words marinate for one hour. Oh, hm. Well, how about for 30 minutes?! Accompanying the chicken: corn on the cob, asparagus, and white basmati.
- To some, that may sound like we may have it together in the dinner department. Please know that most nights I throw an open bag of tortilla chips and some baby carrots on the table and say "Eat! This is all I have to give you! Don't complain!"
- Finally, I hope to make a little progress tonight on a meal plan for our next season of wellness...gluten-free. This is not just "Rachel's newest crazy idea" but a legit, health care professional directed, strict gluten free diet, for both Chad and me, to address some sensitivity and auto-immune issues. (I'll accept any and all advice from those of you in the gluten-free trenches.)
And now, dinner is served and it's time to turn on the music.