I've been spending a tiny bit more time in the bathroom lately, trying to Get Dressed most mornings, which involves:
- cleaning my face with a fantastically steamy wet wash cloth (I've been adding a drop of lavender oil too! I look 10 years younger! Just kidding--but it smells nice.)
- deodorant (my fave is here, but Mandi was on vacation last time I was out, so it's store-bought liquid rock deo right now.)
- brushing my teeth (with this)
- a very little makeup: eyeliner, mascara, chapstick
- hair back or up (top knot, flexi-clip, or pinned back with bobbies)
- basic jewelry: watch, necklace, and earrings
- and of course...clean underwear (I mention this because my Granny is concerned about these things and I want her to know I'm taking care of myself) and changing out of my pajamas into actual clothing
I did not do all of these things when my son was younger, or even until recently...but I think it would have helped. Investing those three to five minutes makes a difference into how I carry myself all day.
What are your morning bathroom must-dos?